Many from the Clay DFL were on hand at last Saturday's fundraiser in Detroit Lakes. We heard Senator Bakk speak eloquently on what a potential shutdown would mean for Minnesotans who depend on state services the most: the disabled, the elderly, the children, let alone regular folks just like us.
I told Senator Bakk that I was willing to make a sacrifice if it means Governor Dayton and our representatives in the DFL caucus continue to fight for what's right. There is too much at stake to give in to the radical agenda of bullies.
There are far too many articles to post separately, so below is a list that I consider keepers:
- 42 school board members, in a letter to the GOP education chairs.
- Tracking the budget negotiations (The chart sums it up nicely.)
- Former MN Business Partnership Chairman: Republican Budget Plan A “Job-Killer”
- Are Republican legislators listening? (Do you even have to ask?)
- Rybak joins New Ulm mayor in fight to retain Local Government Aid for cities (with video)
- ‘Battle of the Ads’ bashes Dayton, government shutdown (As one commenter posted, it's interesting that the MN GOP have to resort to character attacks against our Governor rather than explain why it's so important to protect the richest 2% of our State from paying their fair share.)
- My union (MAPE) is running the following ad: "We want to work for Minnesota"